Saturday, February 21, 2009

Deja Vu?

Well...almost.

Two years ago, while on a respite from my volunteer work in Israel, I took a temporary job at a Panera Bread (a.k.a. "St. Louis Bread Company") in Columbus, Ohio. It was a great job with the pay that I needed, at the time, and an opportunity to meet some friends that I still know, to this day. I enjoyed and valued their in-depth training process and their seeming willingness to remain flexible with my travel schedule.

So, when my husband and I realized, three weeks ago, that I would need to go back to work, for a season, I headed for the nearest Bread Co. Housed within a little plaza, just 15 minutes walk from our apartment, I thought that it would be the perfect fit.

I started training this last week and it's been a bit surreal. I continue to sit through and read through materials that are all too familiar. Some things have changed, since 2006, but for the most part, it's just a different state and a bit more of a busy store.

It's been a blast from the past that somehow holds my future. I am thankful for people and an opportunity to be character stretched, as it's been quite a "trying" week. This is where I presently find myself planted and I want to blossom here.

G-d is good and I can do nothing but thank Him for, once again, giving us the provision we need for this time.

My God shall supply all my needs according to his riches and glory, in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

No comments: