Thursday, April 17, 2008

...in living everyday...

it is not that perfection is the goal. no matter how much i may expect from myself, i am well aware that i will never attain such an aim, by my own efforts. it is only BY HIS GRACE that i may hope to know this reality in eternity to come...

since i cannot justify perfection in myself, i certainly cannot expect it of others. no one can be held to an impossible standard. it is only BY HIS GRACE that all around - whom i cherish - may hope to know this reality in eternity to come...

as we live and breathe, we move and bump into others who do likewise. and through our exchanges, we grow in character, in knowledge of the world around us, and in perspective of THE ONE TO WHOM WE CLING. and the closer the relationship, the finer the friction -- within each additional step toward intimacy lies greater propensity to find oneself "undone," exposing our desperate need for HIS GRACE.

i have found my match, in every respect. in light of his identity, i am complete and find freedom to be myself. he siphons, from me, the choicest morsels of my soul, that the world may see their display. yet he also stimulates the surfacing of my weakness, revealing the want of perfection. i have become increasingly disgusted with myself, in recent days, as repeated awareness of character filth has rendered me nauseous. yet...if i add together the mathematics of imperfection and the need for grace - a gift well-discovered through intentional relationship - i begin to see what a privilege it is to recognize these weaknesses by means of this companionship. after all, that is precisely what it is REALLY about: the ultimate picture of LOVE's power to overcome and bring about redemption...

Patient Lover of my soul, thank YOU for providing an earthly lover with capacity to show me your TRUE LOVE. Thank you for the gift of his presence in my life, ever challenging me to BECOME, even as YOU have destined. Thank you for his strength of character - reflecting YOUR own - that allows me to work through my weakness, amidst an unconditional calm, while pointing the way to YOU! I accept YOUR GRACE through his love.


and my cup overflows...


2 comments:

sooprgrll said...

he siphons the choicest morsels from you soul, huh. sounds dirty.

coconomad said...

thoughtful response, dear:) thank you.